1967 MG Magnette Mk4 Automatic … Now Reserved for Client.
Extremely scarce Farina version offered with 40 years of continuous family ownership history and authenticated 36,000 miles from new, corroborated by all MOT’s and receipts on file.
A remarkable time-capsule, not to be confused with the usual offerings. Probably the most authentic example in existence and as near to original specification as you can get.
Remarkably preserved Smoke Grey bodywork with Navy Blue leather interior. Will be a joy for purists as it is in fine, untouched condition with polished walnut fascia and door cappings, carpets and headlining. Panel fit and door gaps are of course factory perfect.
Enhancements to the standard spec include modern Amps indicator plus the unusual feature of Borg Warner 3-sp fully automatic transmission, an option rarely specified on the ‘sporty’ twin carb model.
Recent works include new laminated windscreen and rubbers, s/s exhaust system, new dynamo and regulator, full service, new chromework, new time clock.
Full Dossier of history with receipts including the original 1967 Sales Invoice. Comes with all books, tools and keys.
Having driven this car here over 200 miles, at night, over the Central Walsh mountains, I can vouch that it drives faultlessly. It would make a perfect everyday driver for anyone unimpressed with today’s super-duper, all-singing, all-dancing hi-tech cars .. and this one will go up, not down in value too.
For more info about this very special car, call or text John on 07909 231414.
The MG is located in Lytham St Annes, Lancashire. Transport arranged at £1 pr/mile (one way only charged) but more fun to drive it home yourself.
Purchased new on November 4th 1967 from Tolworth Service Station, Ewell, Surrey by Miss K N Hunt of Frinton on Sea. Price paid £915.12.1. After a few years she became too ill to drive and her nephew Trevor started to drive her around. In 1981 Trevor acquired the car and owned it for the next 36 years covering only 20,000 miles as he kept it garaged and only used it as a second car. Trevor finally sold it in May 2017 due to his advancing age. For the last 3 years it has been owned by a retired Welsh Garage Proprietor who has meticulously serviced the car and made the above mentioned improvements.
The MG Magnette is an automobile that was produced by MG between 1953 and 1968. The Magnette was manufactured in two build series, the ZA and ZB of 1953 through to 1958 and the Mark III and Mark IV of 1959 through to 1968, both using a modified Wolseley body and an Austin engine.
The Mark III was updated in 1961 as the Mark IV. A larger 1.6 L (1622 cc) B-Series engine, with capacity increased by increasing the bore to 76.2 mm, was fitted, and the car had a longer wheelbase and wider track. To improve handling anti roll bars were fitted front and rear. From the outside, the Mark IV was almost identical to the Mark III, apart from the remodelled and slightly less sharply pointed tailfins, a modification shared with its Riley sibling.
Automatic transmission was offered as an option.
The model continued to be listed through till May 1968 when the manufacturers announced that production had ceased with “no immediate replacement … contemplated” 14,320 Mark IVs were built.