1965 Jaguar Mk2 3.4 Saloon Manual/Overdrive – SOLD
An exceptional, unblemished example rarely found in this fine condition. Finished in Opalescent Silver Blue with Dark Blue leather interior, with carpets to tone.
Restored with nice attention to detailing, will let the above pictures speak for themselves. Since the restoration the car has received very little use. Only 3,000 miles covered in last 20 years!
The paint finish and bodywork will satisfy the most discriminating purchaser. Inside the hide upholstery is in good condition as are the carpets, headlining, furflex and the polished veneered woodwork. The boot is also carpeted and the owner’s toolkit is present in the spare wheel well.
Driving the car it is obvious it has been well maintained, runs as smooth as silk with that comfortable armchair feel about it.
Comes with Owner’s Manual, V5, Workshop Manual, Toolkit, Dealer invoices, 17 previous MOT Certificates dating from 1988 to present one valid to November 2019, Old tax discs.
I offer this stunning Jaguar with complete confidence and would recommend an early inspection.
For more info on this amazing find, call or text John on 07909 231414.
Vehicle based in Lytham St Annes, Lancashire. Delivery arranged at only £1/pr mile (one way)
The Jaguar Mark 2 is a medium-sized saloon car built from late 1959 to 1967 by Jaguar in Coventry, England. The outmoded Jaguar 2.4 Litre and 3.4 Litre models made between 1955 and 1959 are identified as Mark 1 Jaguars.
The Mark 2 was a fast and capable saloon, in line with Sir William Lyons’ 1950s advertising slogan: Grace . . . Space . . . Pace.
Production of the 3.8 ended in the autumn of 1967. Sometime on or about September 1967 the 2.4 litre and 3.4 litre Mark 2 cars were rebadged as the 240 and 340 respectively. The 240 and 340 were interim models intended to fill the gap until the introduction of the XJ6 in September 1968. The 340 was discontinued on the introduction of the XJ6 but the 240 continued as a budget priced model until April 1969; its price of £1364 was only £20 more than the first 2.4 in 1956.
Output of the 240 engine was increased from 120 bhp (89 kW; 120 PS) @ 5,750 r.p.m. to 133 bhp (99 kW; 135 PS) at 5,500 rpm. and torque was increased. It now had a straight-port type cylinder head and twin HS6 SU carburettors with a new inlet manifold. The automatic transmission was upgraded to a Borg-Warner 35 dual drive range. Power steering by Marles Varamatic was now available on the 340. Servicing intervals were increased from 2,000 miles (3,200 km) to 3,000 miles (4,800 km). There was a slight reshaping of the rear body and slimmer bumpers and over-riders were fitted. For the first time the 2.4 litre model could exceed 100 mph, resulting in a slight sales resurgence.
The economies of the new 240 and 340 models came at a cost – the leather upholstery was replaced by Ambla leather-like material and tufted carpet was used on the floor—though both had been introduced on the Mark 2 a year earlier. Other changes included the replacement of the front fog lamps with circular vents and optional fog lamps for the UK market. The sales price was reduced to compete with the Rover 2000 TC.